Whatever brands of plate heat exchangers are installed in your facility, they originally started up delivering OEM nameplate performance. Tranter Service Centres want to ensure that you continue to enjoy nameplate performance. Our fast, economical and reliable service means minimal downtime for your exchanger and reliable protection for your equipment.
That’s why we offer OEM quality replacement parts and service for every plate heat exchanger in your facility. Tranter can clean and regasket all makes of plate heat exchangers – Alfa Laval, APV, Arsopi, Atlantic, Ciat, Cipriani, Cetetherm, Funke, GEA, GMS, Hisaka, HRS, Reheat, Rycroft, Sondex, Spirax Sarco, SPX, Schmidt, Stokvis, SWEP, Thermowave, Vicarb and others too.
For Tranter exchangers, you get even more. We use your heat exchanger serial number to verify its original design conditions—the only authorized source for confirmation. For failed units:
• We verify your current operation to discover causes of gasket deterioration, swelling or cracking before replacing them
• We recommend the correct gasket bonding method for new gaskets to remedy cracking and leakage
• We use correct closing specifications to prevent any recurrence of over-tightening and damaged plates
With Tranter and its authorized service facilities, you can always be sure that you get the right gaskets, the right plates, the friendliest service and our OEM Guarantee.
Plate Heat Exchanger Service in-shop in Wakefield, United Kingdom
At our specialist plate heat exchanger service centre in Wakefield, we offer
Plate heat exchanger cleaning
Plate heat exchanger servicing
Plate heat exchanger maintenance
Plate heat exchanger regasket service
Plate heat exchanger service contracts and scheduled maintenance
At Tranter Service Centres skilled technicians safely clean and regasket plate heat exchangers, returning them to peak efficiency. We guarantee our work with our own written warranties covering materials and workmanship.
When materials arrive at a Tranter Service Centre, each plate is logged. For Tranter exchangers, we cross-check the factory database to confirm your original specs. We then conduct a very close visual inspection of gaskets and contact points to determine if there is any erosion or apparent change from the original spec, making sure that each plate merits reconditioning.
If plates are from another manufacturer, we attempt to determine if original specs still apply. Then, we determine the precise cleaning and treatment process needed. You will be informed if any plate is unserviceable and why.
Then reconditioning begins:
1. Plates are pressure-washed and rinsed, then subjected to either hot caustic stripping and/or a manual procedure for gasket and scale removal.
2. Plates are then subjected to immersion in a variety of chemical baths, compatible with the plate material, to remove the balance of any fouling. Cleaned plates are 100% visually inspected and may be dye-penetrant tested for cracks, pin holes or material failure. Following this procedure, plates are again pressure washed and rinsed to remove all traces of the dye.
3. Plates are then regasketed with OEM-quality replacement gaskets. Tranter offers a variety of bonding methods—including mechanical bonding, non-hardening adhesive and epoxy—selected to meet each customer’s specific needs.
4. Plates receive a thorough quality inspection before they are carefully packed and shipped to assure they arrive at your plant ready for installation. Complete units are hydrostatically tested prior to shipment.